Need to replace my processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mysticscooby, Feb 10, 2012.

1. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

Hello... I need to replace the processor in my laptop and can not seem to find info on what would work with my computer. I have a Toshiba L505-S5966, PSLLOU-00M00D and the processor that is in it is IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® processor T4200, o 2.0 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB. I would like to try to upgrade to a faster processor if possible but have limited funds...

Also, to purchase this through the toshiba dealer, it costs as much as I paid for the computer new. Can someone tell me where I might be able to get this for less then the $300 they want to charge? i can't afford to replace the computer so am hoping to fix it...

Thank you for your help.
    Christle

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

My best guess based on the bare data from the Intel site would be that a T4300 (SLGJM) or T4500 (SLGZC) would also work, not sure about the T4400 because of the mention of Socket P there.

Moving up to a 2.1Ghz would not be worth it if your current CPU is good, even moving to the 2.3Ghz would only show a small improvement in speed.

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

4. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Why don't you say exactly what's on your mind? Don't be shy...

;)

Good luck to you - holler if you need us...

6. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

hee hee!!!
    [​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds