Need Urgent Help! Packard Bell, Vista, Laptop Wont Boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by internetaaron, Jan 13, 2010.

1. internetaaron

internetaaron Private E-2

Hi, I hope somebody on here can help me out.

I was already starting an arguement in PC World last night about this as they wanted to charge me £229 fixed price to repair my laptop what a joke.

Anyway here is the problem that I am faced with.

When I switch on computer the bios will run fine showing the purple packard bell screen, after this it comes up saying failure to shutdown the computer something or other and to use windows recovery recommend or start computer as normal.

If I choose either of those and hit the enter key, it doesnt show the windows logo loading or anything just a black screen.

I thought it was that black screen virus but I cant see my cursor it doesnt go that far.

Please someone help....

:cry

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

and the model of Packard Bell is ?
    In order to help, we need to search for the specs and manual. We can't do that unless we know the specific model and all numbers and letters behind the model.

3. internetaaron

In the BIOS it says Packard Bell Easynote MH36

4. internetaaron

I Ran Vista Recover Disk And Got This Message

Hi, I posted before about my packard bell easynote mh36 wont boot up, it shows bios then wont show windows logo or load any further however I can hear the fan and see an amber light at front of laptop.

I was told to try using the vista recovery disk so I loaded it up and got the first message in bold...

Problem found startup

I then tried to restore my computer to an earlier point which didnt work and the recovery disk then restarted and now a new message came up saying

Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically

With the following report:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
    Problem Signature 01: ExternalMedia
    Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
    Problem Signature 03: 2
    Problem Signature 04: 131074
    Problem Signature 05: CorruptRegistry
    Problem Signature 06: CorruptRegistry
    Problem Signature 07: 999
    Problem Signature 08: 3
    Problem Signature 09: RollbackRegistry
    Problem Signature 10: 0
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

What does all this mean????

How can I fix my laptop?:cry

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds