Need video card to fit Area51M 7700 D900T

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amylee43, May 21, 2007.

1. amylee43

amylee43 Private E-2

Help, I have an Area51M 7700 D900T laptop and need a new video card that fits this unit/motherboard. I had an NVIDIA G70 7800 GTX with 256MB module video card. I can't find a new one anywhere. Alienware does not sell parts for this unit at all (it's only 15 months old) What other compatible cards fit this motherboard, or where can I find another replacement. :cry

2. Shavik

Shavik Private E-2

I have the EXACT same laptop although with a 6800 Go with 256, If you find something , PLEASE let me know.

3. lcsmith39

lcsmith39 Private First Class

Very very few laptops even give you the option of replacing or upgrading the GPU as it is built right into the motherboard. So if your video died you may as well just get another laptop.............

4. amylee43

amylee43 Private E-2

Hey, I did find a site that does carry graphics cards for the Alienware laptops.
    To: info@rjtech.com
    Subject: Products Information Request

We just sent a request to them for the card that fit the motherboard, and they had it. Cost is approximately $ 380.00 plus insurance and shipping. I takes a couple of weeks to get one. We ordered ours on May 22, and should get it in a week or so. Try them, they might have one for your machine.:)

5. lcsmith39

lcsmith39 Private First Class

That's awesome. A little steep on the price but hey you get keep using that laptop. Let us know about the install. ie: was is a piece of cake or a pain in the a**. Just curious as most laptops are a real pain just to get inside them.....

6. Shavik

Shavik Private E-2

From my userstanding amy and I both have the Alienware Area-51M 7700 which is virtually the Clevo D900T chassis. I have already removed my video card so that is no problem. I just got the motherboard model off my ram stick and I'm now trying to figure out the site that listen what model video cards were compatiable with which motherboards.. Thanks for the info.

Edit: Found this great forum post describing what one may or may not put in their laptop. I have revision 5.3 :( not 6.1 so I'm limited to a 6800 but I could upgrade to the Ultra version instead of the current GT. I really hope if I order this, its not my motherboard as well... Any one know where to get a Geforce 4 Go Ultra 6800 256MB DDR3?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds