Need Visioneer 7100 Scanner VISTA Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by karln, Nov 21, 2008.

1. karln

karln Private E-2

The Visioner 7100 Scanner is not supported by Misrosoft. I need a fix so I can use the scanner. I'm sure someone has solved this problem

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I did some research, and according to the Visioneer support page, the 7100 has reached its "end-of-life" cycle. This means it is no longer supported by the manufacturer for any operating system including Win98/ME/2000/XP. This would obviously include Vista. The 7100 is not listed on the Vista compatibilty page either. This means that you will probably not be able to use this scanner with Vista. :( You can try the XP driver; download it from this direct link, right click on it, and run it in XP compatibility mode. You should probably run the driver with the scanner NOT connected to the PC, then when the install has finished, and you've restarted if prompted to, then connect the scanner. If this doesn't work, I think it may be time to shell out $40 or so for a new scanner....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds