Need way/utility to edit right-click menus?

Discussion in 'Software' started by On edge, Nov 10, 2008.

1. On edge

On edge Corporal

How can I edit the right-click menu of my mouse?

I want to delete some things, move up/down others, out some stuff into their own folder, etc.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. attached pic shows why...

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. On edge

On edge Corporal

Sorry to get back to you so late, but I've now tested both. The latter is good for deleting all menu items for a chosen application. The former provides a bunch of useful extra right-click menu items, and gave me limited control over existing menu items, though I've had a few minor problems with it too. When I used the 'del w/o move to recyc bin' option on a shortcut, it deleted the file the shortcut referred to rather than the shortcut itself. The other was a crash when I tried to overwrite a problematic (locked) file. In any case, they are pretty good apps, but I'm still looking for something or some way to rearrange the context menu items.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds