Need widescreen boot and logon screens

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-7f4ca145be, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

I just had to replace a monitor so upgraded to an amazing 22" widescreen. Everything is really cool, except the boot screen and logon screens made for a 4:3 monitor don't work very well. I haven't found anywhere where I might find some to download. The usual sites don't seem to have. I use Tune Up Utilities and their Styler doesn't seem to have any on site either. Can anyone refer me to good websites where these can be had?

Or, might there be an easy program out there that I could simply resize those I have?

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

What OS? If it's windows, the logon screen should be as to optimal by default, unless you're using some sort of utility to override that.

Have you installed the monitor driver & set up the resolution to native?

3. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

Windows XP SP2. My boot screen and logon screens are set using the Styler function in "Tune-Up Utilities 2008"

4. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Then it's Tune-Up Utilities 2008 that's causing the symptom. Either uninstall it or disable that particular setting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds