Need Win98SE updates and patches

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aqua, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqua

Aqua Private E-2

Dear geeks,

When converting from Win to Mac OS I would like to install Win98SE on the Mac to facilitate in the conversion. I'm currently running 98SE with whatever updates there were, and I can no longer remember what all I had to download in the line of service packs, patches, .dll files and such, but there were some.

I am looking for a lead to a Website which might still have what I need. I do have the original 98SE installation CD and serial number but I've been unable to locate updates and etc.

Can you help me out with a link? Thank you!

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

The sofpedia link will auto update.

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Your not gonna have an easy time installing win98 on your mac, as
    1. its not supported/designed to run on mac.
    2. Will have to use some sort of virtual machine software.

6. smj

smj Private E-2

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

8. Aqua

Aqua Private E-2

it'll be a new Mac mini with the Intel processor. I was under the impression that I could load Windows and the Parallels software site says it works with Win98SE.

If I'm going to have major problems, please tell me now before I even go there.

9. Aqua

Aqua Private E-2

<giggle> I went there just now and it said, sorry, you can't be here. I don't think they like FireFox :)

I do have an old IE somewhere. Thanks for the links.

10. Aqua

Aqua Private E-2

Thank you everybody for your very quick and efficient help. I checked the various sites you suggested and I really like the softpedia place. I've bookmarked them all and will do some downloading to CD later this evening.

Now I have a starting point and have found a sense of comfort about the migration.

Thanks again!

11. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

We are always pleased to know we helped.
    The last link to the emulator was in case you did find a problem insalling 98se on the mac - if it says you can do it , no problem.
    Happy computing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds