Nero 6.6.0.8 Vs 8.2.8.0 and MP3s

Discussion in 'Software' started by Macmasterii, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macmasterii

Macmasterii Private E-2

Hello all,

I need some help regarding the different way mp3 tracks are listed prior to burning in Nero 8 compared to Nero 6 when making an audio cd.

Nero 6 ROM or Express allows drag and drop and all tracks remain in numerical order according to their prefix, 01,02,03 etc...... no problem, I've done it so many times.
    Data cd tracks are rearranged in alphabetical order, again no problem.

However, in Nero 8 ROM or Express, selecting Audio cd and dragging tracks in, puts those tracks in alphabetical order.
    Guess what, if you want a data cd with mp3s, they end up in numerical order.

Nero 8 appears to be the exact opposite of Nero 6, but since there has not been a huge posting of this problem, I'm beginning to think it must be a hard to find parameter that needs to be changed .... or maybe it's me.

I realise that I can rearrange the tracks in the correct order by individual drag/drop, but thats not the point, Nero 6 allows a block transfer where all tracks stay in order and Nero 8 doesn't.

I have 2 very similar machines, one running Vista Ultimate ( hence the need for Nero 8 ) and the other XP Pro. Nero 8 behaves the same on both pcs.
    So there you have it, is it the software or is it me?

thanks

2. Macmasterii

Macmasterii Private E-2

Hello again,

I have a follow up to my last post and partial success re: mp3s.
    In Nero 8 Express, if you select the required tracks FIRST track - shift click LAST track then add or drag/drop, they appear in alphabetical order.

But if you want them to remain in Track numerical order, you must select LAST track - shift click FIRST track add or drag/drop and thats it, they stay in the correct order as per album listing.

However, this only works on Nero 8 Express and NOT on Nero 8 ROM, where the tracks always remain in alphabetical order regardless of selecting them upwards or downwards.

Any comments will be appreciated just to know I'm not alone with this problem.

thanks again

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No seems many have same issue as you and I know its a bit of a pain in the butt, when you wish to compile a CD of various tracks BUT wish to have them in your own order and not numerical/alphabetical.... seems Nero are nto going to fix this so workarounds are as yours above or to manually renumber the tracks when they are in the Nero burning window.

I do tend to when ripping CDs to MP3 or with downloaded MP3s have the file name numbered as per CD listing.. to make its easier to burn in correct order.

4. leeofaccy

leeofaccy Private E-2

Hi all

I have had the same problem too with the tracks going in alphabetical order. After a few minutes of playing around in Nero, I think I have found the solution.......

Go to where you normally drag the tracks into, on the left hand side and right-click>Add tracks and browse to where your tracks are on your pc. Either CTRL A or shift click to select them all and select Open. Voila.

Hope that helps........:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds