Nero 6 Will Not Load

Discussion in 'Software' started by MC Rocker, Jun 25, 2006.

1. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

I have a Memorex 52X32X52X Ultra Speed CD Recorder that came with Nero 6 Memorex Suite. It worked fine for a while but now when I click on the icon
    I get an hour glass for about 3 seconds and then nothing. The Nero program will not load. I can't use this burner with anything else so what do I do? If it worked before why does it not work now? Someone must know what the problem is. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Operating system? Have you been removing/deleteing anything? You could try uninstalling/reinstalling Nero.

Other burning programs will work with the burner. What do you burn with it?

3. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

Windows 98SE. I haven't deleted anything except Nero. I deleted it and re-installed it. I mainly burn music CD's. I was only able to burn 6 before it stopped loading.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Try the repair feature, When you go to uninstall it, it should have a repair option.

If not, use the Nero Clean Tool from their website to completely remove the program, then reinstall.

Does the Nero Info Tool start?

5. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

Doesn't have repair feature. Info tool will not load. Will try the Nero Clean Tool. Thanks

6. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

Went to Nero. Couldn't even find Nero Clean Tool. Thanks anyway.

7. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Went to Nero. Couldn't even find Nero Clean Tool. Thanks anyway. << MC Rocker

Check out both of these Nero website links: Nero Clean Tool as well as Nero 6 Clean Tool

Note:
    Make sure to carefully read the instructions available on both website links. Creating a System Restore Point prior to installing and using the Nero Clean Tool would probably be a good idea as well.

Good Luck!

8. Insomniac

He or she is using Windows 98SE, there's no System Restore.

9. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

Loaded Nero Clean Tool . Re-Installed Nero And I Get The Same thing. It won't load.

10. noodlesis

noodlesis Private First Class

I think it IS because you reinstalled nero. Did you download nero to reinstall it or use a different version? Like you said yourself, it might not work with other software. What i mean, is did you use the same nero version as before or did you use a different one.

11. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

My burner won't work with other software because it came bundled with Nero. It's the only Nero disk I have. Re-installed it from same disk. Could it be a corrupt windows driver somewhere keeping it from loading?

12. Insomniac

Check the Nero Info Tool.

13. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

I mentioned to you in an earlier reply that the Nero Info Tool will not load.

14. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

I've never know of a burner that will not burn using other programs. They may come with the nero software but that has nothing to do with the rom hardware.

Mine came bundled with nero & I use other programs to burn. Not an issue.

Do you have any issues in the 'device manager'?

15. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

Even with Nero 6 installed my device manager shows my burner as just a cd rom. That's the reason I can't use anything else to burn because my system doesn't know I have a burner. That's why I asked earlier, could there be a problem with my system? If so, what might it be?

16. Insomniac

That's how it's supposed to be.

Device Manager will just display the model name and number. It won't say it's a burner.

17. MC Rocker

MC Rocker Private E-2

Wish you would tell me what other software you use. I tried two others and they tell me that they could not find a burner in my system.

18. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

That's how they show up in the device manager.......as roms not burners. That's not the problem.

19. Insomniac

That's not what you said. You said the burner is displayed as a CD Rom in Device Manager, which is how it is supposed to be.

Sometimes, the answer isn't jumping from software to software, and in a lot of cases, it's the culprit.

Try uninstall all burning software completely, then check Device Manager.

If it's OK, install just the Info Tool on it's own and run that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds