NERO's 'WaveEditor' Getting "Runtime Library" Errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by scottportraits, Jun 7, 2008.

1. scottportraits

scottportraits Private First Class

June 7, 2008

Hello Tech-sters;

I am using NERO 7 ULTRA's "WaveEditor" to record and manipulate streaming audio through the soundcard. But I keep running into a 'Runtime Error' which evaporates the entire attempted endeavor.

I launch the app 'WaveEditor', go to 'audio' > 'Record' > and the two dialogs that follow. But I keerp getting this 'Runtime Error' which aborts the process. It reads thus:

Microsoft VISUAL C++ Runtime Library
    "X" Runtime Error !
    Prog: C:\Program Files\Nero 7\WaveEditor\waveedit.exe
    Abnormal Program Termination
    Okay.

Hit 'okay' and it dissolves the entire window, back to square one, the desktop.

Any quick fix to remedy this problem ? Tried uninstalling and re-installing, but to no avail. How about a moderately complex solution ??

Help would be much appreciated.

-scottportraits

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. scottportraits

June 8 2008

Hi,

My version is Windows XP Home, v.2002; SP 3.

I went to download link and downloaded/installed the "vcredist.exe" file.....have to wait a few hours for work in progress to finish up before I reboot and try Nero WaveEditor again.....I will post asap.

Thanks,

-scottportraits

4. scottportraits

June 9, 2008

Yeah !!

That did it ! Now I can launch and record audio with Nero's 'WaveEditor'...

Halleleuyah ! I still can't record streaming audio from any internet source, which I used to be able to do with an old PC that had a better sound card. Maybe I have a cheap sound card, or they are now making them so you CAN'T record streaming audio off the internet.....

I am playing old cassettes on an external player into the 'Line In' port, and run it through WaveEditor. I will edit them and take out the hiss, scratches, etc. But I still can't record live internet streaming audio with this sound card, except with Windows Media Recorder 10, in .asf format. Wonder why 'WaveEditor' won't do it ??

Thanks for the 'C++ Runtime' file link.

Appreciatively,

-scottportraits

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds