NeroVision Express 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

When I use NeroVision Express 3 (Nero 6 Ultra) to create VCDs from AVI files, generally speaking it works great. BUT- the aspect ratio is always 4:3 in NeroVision. I can't seem to find a place to change it. So, every video that gets transcoded and burned as VCD ends up with a 4:3 AR. If the source file is 4:3 then it's not a big deal. But most of the source files are 16:9, so when NVE3 transcodes it using 4:3, the picture gets messed up and everything gets tall and skinny. I'm sure there's got to be a place where you can set the AR in NVE3 and I'm just missing it....

THANKS!

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Uhhhhh..... :confused did you actually look at the link you posted?

4. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks hawklord, but that only applies to DVD-Video. When using NeroVision to make VideoCDs, and you click on the 'More' button down at the bottom, you don't get the tab that has the Aspect Ratio choices. All that comes up is the 'General' page and the only option there is PAL or NTSC....
    :confused

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, dlb. I quick search comes back with 4:3 a/r is inherent in the VCD format so no automatic change available. I don't get deeply into burning videos but I'm guessing if you really wanted to, you could add the blackened areas using a video converting software where you manually control things like de-interlacing, cropping etc. Maybe avisynth or avi2DVD could be useful(but steep learning curve from looking around).

You could give this a shot as a trial to see if it truly allows you to select A/R. VCD Maker

On the Disc at Once thread...try your ISO on a different computer than you burned it on to see if it is recognized. Disc at Once has to do with finalizing a disc and used to be critical when using a burnt disc on a computer other than the one it was created on.

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks for the info. Luckily I don't use NeroVision all that often, but when I do it now I'll be sure to create VCDs from video files encoded for full screen (like TV shows for example saved on a DVR).

8. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Apologies there dlb I had a link to a NeroVision Forum but having looked around it with your problem it seems pretty limited.. :eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds