Nescape 8.0 Web Composer/Editor Function?

Discussion in 'Software' started by bbsan, Sep 26, 2005.

1. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

I have a bit of a quandary. My computer was revamped and XP reinstalled, before I took time to memorize what application opens my webpages for updating.

My webpages were/are Netscape HTM files. I could open, make changes close and the update was immediately live. Netscape was/is my default browser.

I know where the files are, but they don't open for editing like they did pre-revamp.

It seemed to me I would R click FILE/EDIT to get into the updates. This opened the file, with a series of tabs (similar to excel tabs) at the bottom of the page. Something like: View, HTML, Source, Preview, etc. I clicked on the Source tab, did my update and voila. Magic. Instantly updated as soon as I re-saved the file. Does this application sound familiar to anyone?

It wasn't Word. I'm almost tempted to suggest it was actually Netscape.

Well, I now have voodoo. No tabs. The files now open in Word. Is there a way to change the default application that opens these files for editing? If Netscape has a composer/editor, it's well hidden.

Whatever application it was, I used it with 98 before switching to XP and used it right up until this reinstall.

Thank you

2. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

Okay problem solved. Well, not solved but answered.

Netscape 8 has no composer/editor.

So does anyone know where I can retro back to 7?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds