Netbook XP install

Discussion in 'Software' started by trl154, Jan 23, 2011.

1. trl154

trl154 Private E-2

Hello, Im trying to install a copy of windows xp on a netbook for a friend. Im not sure what exactly hapened to it, he just said that it "crashed". I created a bootable usb drive with a copy of xp on it and everything seems to be working fine with that. When I go through the steps to install windows xp, and get to the point where its going to actually load the OS I get a message that says (setup had determined that the drive C: is corrupted and cannot be repaired) Does this mean that the hard drive fried and I need to get a new hard drive? or what steps should a take at this point? Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds