Netflix, and Youtube think I am in a different country

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flip1981, May 17, 2013.

1. flip1981

flip1981 Private E-2

Hello, I am new to this forum, I could not find an answer to this question anywhere so I thought I would try here before re-installing windows. I have a desktop running windows 7 that I also use as my television (netflix etc.). For about the last 6 months I have been fighting with "not available in this country errors. I am from the USA, and when I went through the netflix test about this error it clearly shows my ip is USA. I went to whatismyip.com, and then pasted the ip into whois.arin.net/. If I scroll down it clearly shows my current internet provider, (I have had this same problem over 2 internet providers now) and my country as US. I do usually run static ip, which I have done for years with no problem. I use the program PF Static IP, which I recently deleted, hoping to fix the problem. Deleting the program did not fix the problem, it just made it so that I could not even temporarily fix it. So I re-installed PF Static IP. The only way I have found to temporarily fix this issue is either to change from static to dynamic, or vice versa, (works for 1 episode netflix) or to change the static value for 1 episode, then change it back for the next. As you can probably imagine this is a very aggravating issue especially as I sit in Cincinnati, OH on my non portable desktop. Netflix has no clue, no goggle searches have brought me any luck, and this forum is my last attempt before I back everything up, and re-install windows. I have 3 other laptops in the house that have never had this issue. Any ideas are welcome, thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds