NETSCAPE users- in a hurry - Importing mail & address book

Discussion in 'Software' started by pegg, Jul 6, 2004.

1. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I'm kind of pressed for time so if someone could direct me to where this has been answered or to a program to help me I'd appreciate it.

I'm on my father in laws computer. He's used Netscape 4.1 and now wants to use Netscape 7.1 which is already on his computer. We now have to load messages and e-mail address book from Communicator 4.1 into the new Netscape. I went into TOOLS - import and clicked on communicator 4.x and import BUT can't find the address book - duh- I even went into the old address book and saved it as program files/netscape address book.na2 (which was the file extension that came up when they asked where to find the address book when we tried to import). couldn't find it.

Then I just saved it under "all files" -- still can't find it. Couldn't import the mail either.

What am I missing here? It's just importing from Netscape to Netscape so...

2. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I figured out how to import their address book. Still can't import the mail though. when I click import, then mail from "communicator" it says, choose the user/profile but the box is empty and I can't type anything in it or browse and go anywhere.

I've got it set though that all new mail will go to Netscape 7.1. I'll have to see if there's a newer version than that, I haven't even checked yet.

Any ideas about the mail? Although he can live without it and just go back into the old program for awhile.

3. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hi Peg, I just Googled up this reference. Don't know if it's what you're looking for but might be worth a look. See "point 4 converting old emails"
    Bill

4. best5

best5 Private E-2

Hello

To find the place of the NCommunicator mail, run it, go to:
    Edit > Prefereances> click the + of Mail & News Groups > click onto
    Mail Servers and you see in the bottom the "Local Mail Directory" case.
    There is the full path of your mail folder(as in the snapshot below)

NOTE: on your father's PC can be elsewhere, of course

Attached Files:

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Private First Class

6. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Thanks

Thanks for all the time and effort you all put in to helping me. We're getting there... :p

I have to leave and go home so he'll be on his own but he'll figure things out. AND I introduced him to www.majorgeeks.com so...maybe we'll be seeing him around.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds