Netware Client

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Imaozi2000, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Imaozi2000

Imaozi2000 Private E-2

I am a student and this came up on my measure up exams as an explanation to one of the questions.

File & Print Services for NetWare (FPNW) allows a Netware Client to access files and printers on Windows servers.
    This does not make sense. Define Netware Client.

“a Netware Client” to me is a “driver” (interface/translator) between dissimilar OS’s.
    i.e.: Windows PC’s accessing a Novell Network would need a “Netware Client” to log onto and access the Novell server.

This is the only time you need a “Netware Client”

Everything else is windows based – there is no “Novell” OS for the desktop – so you don’t need a “Netware Client” to log onto a windows network or other windows PC’s.

Can anyone explain this better?

:rolleyes:

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

The netware client is primarily for Windows Workstations that allow a user to log into a Novell file server to use its' resources. The following is a quote that explains FPSNW better than I can

3. Imaozi2000

Imaozi2000 Private E-2

Thank you Kodo! This does make more sense for me. I hope to pass my Network+ cert exam soon.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds