Network Adapter may need replacing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by outdoorgal, Oct 18, 2014.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

but I am not sure. I have read and follow a few fixes, but nothing has worked so far. Here is my Laptop info:

Toshiba Stellite L775D
    x64-based
    Amd Processor
    SMBios 2.7

And here are the adapters I have if I not mistaken:

Realtec RTL8188CE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NIC
    Realtec FE Family Controller

I did do a system restore for a previous date of the problem. The problem is that I cannot connect to the internet, but my sister PC is connecting fine. Mine seemed to quit abruptly, although I did turn off my laptop, and when I turned it back on, it would not connect.

From what I have read, I am thinking I need to look at the adapter as being the problem but I am not sure. I will just put this out here and see if someone might direct me.

Thanks in advance for any help, Denise

PS I did do the ping at the command prompt test for DNS??

Ping speedtest.net
    Ping 216.146.46.10

Neither of these did anything I could see.

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Have you tried in Network and Sharing Center - view status for your adapter. Click diagnose. It often offers to reset the adapter or obtain new ip setting for the adapter.

3. outdoorgal

Yes, I did the "troubleshooting" but no go. Get a window that says problem not resolved, or something like that, Windows could not fix the problem.

I also did a System Restore, don't know if I mentioned that, but it didn't work either. When I ran a test on those adapters it said they were fine. I can't find the place now I checked them. I was following some advice given.

4. outdoorgal

I went to Network Connections, right clicked, down to properties, and then driver tab. I checked adapters and they said working fine.

5. outdoorgal

I found a thread and it directed me to do a cmd prompt for ipconfig /all so here it is, hope it helps:

Attached Files:

6. outdoorgal

Solved, but thank you to anyone that looks in on this. I had not yet tried the "reset" button on the router, but I had unplugged it and left it off 10 seconds. I forgot about the reset button and that must have worked because I am back on the internet. Hope it lasts:)

Denise

7. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Lost my wireless while I was gone Added a gigabyte card and still no internet so I just went through the reset master reset and the works myself. Probably wasted 400 mb by jumping the gun but that's how it is.At least it's working and so is yours it sounds like. Happy 'netting!

8. outdoorgal

I hear you:) I've jumped the gun as well, but at least we'll know next time;) Have a good one!! Denise

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds