Network anguish!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cass, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Cass

Cass Private E-2

Please can somebody help me!

I have been having problems with my wireless connection and have spent hours on the phone to IT support and enlisted the help of several friends but no luck - I thought perhaps somebody here could help!

- My PC is downstairs and the wireless router is upstairs.
    The router no longer seemed to be giving out IP addresses so I gave my PC a fixed IP address (which seemed to help)
    - I am able to ping both the router and google from my PC
    - when I go onto internet explorer it displays the standard 'cannot fnid server page' (no matter what setting I play with! :) )
    - The wireless connection is 'excellent' and 'connected'.
    - When I do an ipconfig/all it all looks ok apart from DHCP enabled: No (is this right?).
    - Could it be a DNS problem?

Can anybody suggest what might be causing internet explorer not to connect to anything (even the router test page)?

Thanks,
    Cass

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Dhcp wont be enabled as you assigned a static address.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds