network controller: unable to detect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Plomari, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Plomari

Plomari Private E-2

Can I start by saying that I have limited experience with computers so I'm sorry if I don't explain my self properly!

When I log onto my computer a wizard pops up saying "Found New Hardware" (or something similar.) I have tried installing the new hardware but the computer doesn't detect anything. This wizard pops up 8 times. I downloaded a programme to fing any hidden devices and I got the following report:

Device Tree
    Other devices
    Network Controller
    Unable to Detect, Hardware ID: VEN_1260&DEV_3890&SUBSYS_00000805&REV_01
    Network Controller
    Network Controller
    Network Controller
    Network Controller
    Network Controller
    Network Controller
    Network Controller

This isn't causing any problems except that I can't go on to the internet. My computer won't even search or detect any wireless networks or display the relevant icon at the bottom right of the screen.

Can anybody explain what is going on? Thank you.

2. square66

square66 Private E-2

Have you installed the drivers for your network card? How do you connect to the internet; is it through a LAN cable, wireless network, or usb modem? I'm presuming wireless network.

Usually wireless cards come with their own drivers and software for connecting to wireless networks. Just plugging and praying often doesn't work. Did you get a CD/floppy with your wireless card or have you checked on the card's website for updated drivers?

Does your wireless card display in Device Manager?

3. Plomari

Plomari Private E-2

I have always connected through a wireless network and have been doing so for a number of years. This problem developed about about a month ago. I can't recall installing any drivers for my system. All I did was plug in the computer attach the aerial and it was ready (I think.)

I will have to check what the wireless card details are when I get home later.

Thanks.

4. Plomari

Plomari Private E-2

I had no disks to install upon installation. The computer just detected the wirless networks in range and I connected.
    My computer now does not even display the screen from where I should be able to detect the wireless networks in range.

I have looked in device manager but there is no wireless card there!?

5. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

do you have anything in your network connections?

6. square66

square66 Private E-2

Does the wireless card work on another computer? Hopefully the card isn't fried.

Try finding/reinstalling any USB drivers for your USB connection. Do other peripherals work when plugged in to the same slot? If it is a PCI (internal) card, check the slot for dust buildup, and give it a good blow just in case.

What is the make and model of your wireless card? Also, what was the program you downloaded to find hidden devices?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds