Network Excluded

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by solarant, Dec 22, 2011.

1. solarant

solarant Private E-2

I am running windows XP Pro on a 32 bit system and I have Intel ProSet/Wireless connection utility that connects me to my home network.
    I am not sure if i have a virus but here is my problem when I click on the "Fan" Icon on my tool bar and right click and go to configure network I get the usual screen, I go through the set up and I have WEP2 personal as my firewall setting, I enter the password and click ok etc.

I then get the screen where you select available networks, I see my home network but it always has a "Excluded" mark on it, I right click on it and select remove from excluded list but nothing happens. I went to manage profiles and selected the network and then to properties than advanced, the setting there is on auto connect. I selected application auto launch and put a check mark in enable application auto launch, but in the field below there is no path ??

I also went to profiles then manage exclusions I then highlighted the network and click on "remove" the screen flashes but the exclude setting remains, I have removed and made a new profile several times but every new network has the excluded icon on it. Anyone out there know what is going on. Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Is there any way that you can post screenshots of what you are seeing.

3. djlowe

djlowe Private First Class

Hi,

I've had problems with older versions of Intel's ProSet/Wireless utility. Download the current version from Intel's site.

Since you know the settings for your home network's WAP, you can just uninstall the old version (Note: DO NOT uninstall the drivers!).

Once done, install the new version, recreate your profile, and you should be OK.

Regards,

dj

4. solarant

solarant Private E-2

I am sorry if I was vague, I finally got a screen shot of my WiFi problem, I have tried everything and I still cannot get online.
    I went to my router and used a Ethernet cable to hard wire a connection but it was still excluded. I made the network open (unprotected) and still it is excluded.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Please remove the .zip file and post it as a screenshot.

6. solarant

solarant Private E-2

Major Geeks will only allow 97 kb upload the screen shot is 420 kbso I had to zip it, as it allows 500 kb in a zip

7. solarant

solarant Private E-2

Try this

Attached Files:

8. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Stop using the Intel utility, uninstall the drivers for the wlan and then reboot. Let Windows find the drivers for the WLAN, and then use just the WiFi Zero Config utility for your OS. Also make sure that the OS is up to date and running the latest service pack.

9. solarant

solarant Private E-2

I tried that buy windows said it could not locate the network adapter, I cannot get online so windows cannot do a search for the adapter needed.

So to get back to where I am now I had to do a system restore.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds