Network Internet prob.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by night_incarnate, Oct 19, 2005.

1. night_incarnate

night_incarnate Private E-2

I have a network setup through ethernet cards, cat5 cables, and a router. I have run the setup wizard for networks on both mine and my friends pc, and set them up so that mine is the host and his is supposed to find it's connection through mine. He still can't find the internet connection that I am plugged into. I have netzero hispeed. How can I set this up?

2. night_incarnate

night_incarnate Private E-2

I posted this a couple of days ago and I still have the same problem. I have tried everything that I know how to do. I really need help on this one. Now my pc says that I can't run the wizard because my IP is being used by another computer or an application on my pc. I closed everything that was open and can't find the problem.

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope..."

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

remove the router or tell it not to do dhcp, good. Now right click on your modem in network connections and click properties, then choose the third tab and tell it to do ics, internet connection sharing. Then use a not router device (one that doesn't do dhcp to share the connection).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds