Network printers HP3500 VS. MACs?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gigig, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

Our office got new computers in January, all Macs 10.6 with Snow Leopard. We reinstalled our HP color laserjet 3500 and it was working fine. All on the wireless network. A couple of days ago we switched our internet and phone carrier, and for some reason, two days later none of our computers want to print? First we found out that the IP address for the printer had changed, so, we've had to re-install the printer with a new ip address on each computer, however, the printer keeps pausing itself, on everyone's computer, the print jobs don't delete from the print queue and if you have more than one to print, it takes forever. One of the computers in the office will print many copies of one document even if you only click once, and it won't even print the right document. Help, I think its possessed!

Thanks,
    G:confused

2. techmanq

techmanq Private E-2

Make sure you are using the right driver for Mac 10.6 , not an older version.

3. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

I thought about that, but why would the printers work for 4 months, then stop? I will re-install drivers on the computers that are screwy, but not all the computers are having the same problems with the same printer? I'll let you know how it goes.
    G

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds