Network problems after Comcast outage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MTHall720, Nov 30, 2010.

1. MTHall720

MTHall720 Private E-2

My home networking skills are nearly zero. I did have my network set up under the name of Whitebear, using a Linksys wireless router with two laptops.

Comcast internet was off the air for a 50 mile or more radius. Now, Comcast has fixed the problem. Now though, where we had no problem with internet connections we have trouble with our home wireless network. I reset the motorola surf modem and the Linksys wireless router. Problem is that my laptop has internet access but my wife's laptop doesn't. She keeps getting the error message server not found. Then after about an hour of fighting the laptop connects. Well, this is off and on, but have no clue what to do. Furthermore, our Whitebear network has disappeared. We only see options to piggyback on the neighbors wireless which we don't want to do. Only other option is a generic Linksys wi fi which is called Linksys instead of the Whitebear network connection we did have prior to the Comcast fiasco.

Any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds