network utilization in xp seems low

Discussion in 'Software' started by alontheriver, Apr 11, 2009.

1. alontheriver

alontheriver Private First Class

Hi, in the past couple of days my computer seems to have some sort of internet problem. when I watch videos on the internet they seem to keep buffering like I have a slow internet connection. I looked in the xp task manager and I'm reading no more than .82%, less than 1% for the network utilization with a link speed of 100 Mbps. less than 1% seems low. what should the network utilization percent be reading on a good computer and what could the probable cause be for such a low network utilization percent assuming my internet signal is good. . I suspect that I either have a faulty modem or memory related problem. it's free of malware and my log is clean. thanks:confused

2. Xcom46

Xcom46 Guest

3. alontheriver

alontheriver Private First Class

thanks for the reply. by a bizzare twist of fate the problem seems fixed. I started to think about the nvidia drivers for my video card and went to their site and downloaded xp drivers for a 6800xt card which was version 182. I removed the old drivers and installed the new ones but I didn't like them. no icon in tool tray and only 1400 was highest res. uninstalled them and installed my previous version 169 and for some strange reason all my internet video is back to normal. I can't explain it other than it works now. for video problems I guess trying different drivers can't hurt.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds