Networking in general, Help pls

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Compaholic, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Compaholic

Compaholic Private E-2

Can sum1 tell me what a router, hub, network cards, and all the other stuff work and what they do. I want to network 2 computer. Both pretty new, hav xp home and 2.8 ghz or so in them, I want to do this so i can get both of their dial up connections to work at the same time. I want to know what i need and how to do it myself. thanks its a sorta tall order lol :)

2. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

3. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Also refer to this link on Microsoft's site for some general info and helpful tips for networking Windows PCs. This link and sub-sections of it could be very helpful in understanding the overall picture...
    ;)

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Share Internet Connection with few Netwoked computers.

Link to: Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing.

Link to: Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...?

Link to: What do I need for wireless Networking?

The pages above were written a while ago. Ignore the prices and the Hardware recommendations, stick to the principles.

Link to: Diagram of Broadband Connection with Cable/DSL Router.

Log to this page it has a lot of links to instructions to Windows Network Settings, and Sharing.

Link to: Windows Network - Installing & Sharing.

:cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds