Networking with Comcast

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by princessdiana75, Apr 19, 2004.

1. princessdiana75

princessdiana75 Private E-2

I have Comcast High-Speed Internet on my downstairs computer, and wanted to buy a wireless router to be able to get the internet on my upstairs computer, and with my Sony Clie NX70V. I don't know anything about routers or wireless internets, and i don't want to buy something that is extremely expensive, and then have it not work properly.

Can anyone tell me specifically what products would be best to buy? I searched these boards, but i have no clue as to what it is i specifically want. Even pointing me in the direction of another thread would be a big help.

My computer with comcast is running Windows ME and my computer that i want the internet on is running Windows XP. My Sony Clie runs Palm OS 5. If you need any other information i'll post it...

2. princessdiana75

princessdiana75 Private E-2

update...

I've been searching the internet since my post and i've found that on microsoft.com you can take a survey that tells you exactly what you need for a home network. it told me to buy: Microsoft® Broadband Networking Wireless Base Station MN-700 R84-00001 and Microsoft® Broadband Networking Wireless PCI Adapter MN-730 S69-00001. I'm going to talk to my family about this, and see what they say. Otherwise if no one here has any input for me i guess i'll buy those two things. They're $90 together, so i don't think that's a bad deal...maybe i should search ebay first...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds