New Antec, no power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tater, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Tater

Tater Tot

Hi guys,
    Just got all but the new memory for a new build (my first) and I'm not getting power from the powersupply. Antec customer service never returned my call so I thought I would ask here. With the power supply plugged in (cord was tested as good) and the power switch on, shouldn't the psu fan turn even though no other leads are hooked up? I can't get any voltage from any of the 4 pin 12v connectors. This is the case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-148&depa=1

Sorry for the noob question.

2. steve Max

steve Max Private First Class

the power switch from the case has to be connected to the motherborad as well as the power supplys 20 pin connector. It can be turned on if you know which wires in the 20 pin connector that you need to short. But not reccommended. hope this helps if I understood you question correctlly.

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

4. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks Steve, that's what I was asking.

5. Tater

Tater Tot

Sorry Asus, didnt see your response before I posted. I tried it with the mobo 20 pin connected but still nothing. An led on the mobo did go on though. No psu fan or processor fan.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds