New Build. Blue screening often

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CDNS1, Sep 6, 2012.

1. CDNS1

CDNS1 Private E-2

Hello all,

I am in the process of building a desktop for the G/F so she can do light gaming. I am having trouble with it blue screening alot. I am not sure if it is casued by the out OMG outdated g-card i pulled from my old rig or not. 7800gtx. Yeh i know 20 bucks and i can get a better one at the walmart but i was wondering if that could be causing it....any input? Also...whats a windows 7 os costing now days.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Heat or memory are the first things to look at on a new build. Are the fans running correctly? Can you monitor the stats with the motherboard utility? Can you swap or remove ram. Can you replace the video card with a spare as a test?

How about using:
    http://majorgeeks.com/BlueScreenView_d6200.html

So you can check the minidump log and find the error? :)

Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds