New computer- monitor issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maegtellumaion, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Maegtellumaion

Maegtellumaion Private E-2

I just recently got a HP Pavilion computer:

Athlon XP 3200+
    512mb pc2700 DDR
    160 GB HDD
    DVD+RW/CD-RW
    CD-ROM
    integrated geforce4
    HP monitor

Anyway, whenever I turn on the computer, about a minute later a message comes up that says "HP Digital Imaging monitor (CUE) has encountered an error and needs to close. We're sorry for the inconvenience" I click close, but nothing is open, and therefore nothing happens. Although nothing appears wrong yet, I'm really worried that this might blossom into a real problem though, so a little help would be really nice. Thanks in advance.

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Since it's a brand new monitor, I'd also email HP's tech support and ask what that program does, and what that error message might mean.

Not only may they be able to explain/fix the issue, but if anything IS going wrong with the monitor itself, you'll have a documented start point to the issue. Save their reply in case you need to deal with a warranty claim down the road.

3. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

do you by chance have a HP digital camera or scanner? Sounds like it's a program that monitors for a connection or button press in the backround. Monitors aren't capable of sending too much information through the VGA cable, certainly nothing as complex as that error.

4. Maegtellumaion

Maegtellumaion Private E-2

We have an HP photo printer- but i think i'm going to e-mail HP to see what they have to say. Thanks for the input.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds