New Computer Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NoGraphicsCard, Oct 4, 2008.

1. NoGraphicsCard

NoGraphicsCard Private E-2

Hello. Im new to these forums. I had a message posted a while ago, but for some reason, I did not receive the right answers.

Ok...I'm going to list the specs of my current computer or at least that of what I know.

Dell
    Ram: 128MB
    Hard Drive Space:20 GB
    Processor: Some REALLY BAD ONE
    Graphics Card: I dont care for now. It's probably bad.
    Years Had: At least 5

As you can see, my computer is very bad and I'm having a very hard time with this. I've been living with a computer in which it is hard to simply go to forums like this. I found another computer. REMEMBER; Living with a computer that has worse specs than a four function calculator(not an understatement) has made me want a computer with speed. Keep that in mind. Last time this was posted, 90% of posts were related to graphics card. Understand that I'm not very knowledgeable about computers, so it would be appreciated if you would post WHY a graphics card would be needed. Also, please state exactly what changes you would made to the new specs in order to make this computer work better. Two things to remember: I've been living with a very slow computer. Also, these are the percentages for what my computer will be used for.

10%-Games
    50%:Simple surfing
    30%:Microsoft Office and other programs like this.
    10&: Digital Editing and Multimedia(Photoshop, etc)

Ok...Here it is:

Dell INSPIRON 518
    Windows Vista 64 Bit(Dont worry about this, this may be changed.)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor Q6600 (8MB L2, 2.4GHz, 1066FSB)
    Ram: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz (4 DIMM)
    Hard Drive:250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
    Graphics Card: Radeon HD 2400 Pro Graphics Media Card

Thankyou for you time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds