New Desktop problems, need some help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheBob, Jul 18, 2004.

1. TheBob

TheBob Private E-2

I just recently bought parts to make my own computer. A few problems have come up though. First being fed ex doesnt deliver on saturday/sundays, so im missing a case, monitor, sound system, and a fan. Fortunatly, I have things to replace all thoughs, except a sufficent case. The case I have is 300 W, the one i ordered is around 425w.

The other problem is that when everything was put together, and we got to installing windows/linux the computer would shut down. It wasnt from overheating, the core temp was fine, as was everything else. My friend thinks it could be the bios settings, because there is a recent update that my board does not have, or power.

Is 300w enough to support a, MSI Neo2 platinum, P4 3.2E, 2 GB DDR400, Radeon 9800 pro 256mb, 120gb SATA HD, DVD RW drive??

If it is, what else could be the reason for its restarts

though i would just like to add, the brand or name of the Power supply is Power Man.

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I would just wait out the couple of days until fed ex can deliver your items. It would be a shame to break something and then have the case and parts come.

3. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

4. TheBob

TheBob Private E-2

Alright, thank you.

Power only comes out to 260, so that is definitly not the problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds