New DOOM 3 Video take a look at this!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

2. Genius Boy

Genius Boy The Examinator

That's pretty cool.

It is off a GeForce 3, and the guy did imply that you didn't need anything mroe than that to run the game, but I'm a little bit skeptical. Am I the only one who noticed that he hardly ever moved? I think that even though the game may be playable on the GeForce 3, the frame rate will be really bad.

3. Mistic

Mistic Private E-2

Thats true, but you can see the lighting and shadows are running really high which is pretty awsome off that card! I bet the framerate is quite low but that is an OLD card. Many people since then have atleast updated to a GForce 4, atleast. Doom 3 was giving off vibes that it had to have "the best" card to even run the game, this video surely states that it does not. I am now sure I will be very happy with with the results from my 9700 pro.

Awsome video! Thx for sharing...

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

looks very playable with that card.. movement of all the objects even with the lighting effects is smooth. This can be clearly seen when he shoots. I don't know how well it will hold up in large fire-fights but it's definately playable.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

As always, a video card is put to the test under intense load. Show me that game at 1600X1200 (the resolution I play at) with a large enivronment and a pile of monsters. That said, normally the response is that a developer would never be so silly as to release a game that wont play on a 2 year old or older video card, but the name Doom, the company iD and the previews give them the clout to say upgrade or dont play. You want to remember that the game will give us lots of new games and mods, so if your into FPS, your upgrading.

6. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

wow, I'm definetly impressed that a Geforce 3 could produce that. Just imagine how a high end will be!

thats the first 3d hand I have seen hold a gun... usually the hand is pretty 2 dimensional.. and those big fat guys scare me more than that monster thing!

7. PhoeniX198877

PhoeniX198877 Private E-2

geforce2 even runs it

yeah any of u guys rememeber the leaked doom3 alpha? even my p.o.s geforce2 mx400 managed to muster up 10-15fps on the ALPHA, tho i guess i will be missing out a few pretty pixel shader effects, but i still saw all the dynamic shadows and stuff, firefights dropped to nearly unplayable rates tho.

8. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Private First Class

Damn...that looks goooood.

9. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Looks nice :) if it was on a GF3 though, with a vid you wouldnt be able to tell unless the FPSes went below 30 FPS, and i dont count 30fps as playable myself. but its good to know it works on older cards :) that mirror is awsome. :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds