New DVD drive won't write DVD's

Discussion in 'Software' started by mmurek, Dec 6, 2003.

1. mmurek

mmurek Private E-2

Hi all,

I just bought a HP dvd writer300i about a week ago. It does everything great except write dvds? I can watch dvds with PowerDVD and copy files to a dvd with Recorditnow that were in the software bundle I got with the drive. The DVD writer I got with the drive was ArcSoft Showbiz and I can't get it to work. It checks the drive, then starts "transcoding" the DVD and locks up at this point. After 4 hours on the phone with HP the best they can tell me is the setup discs were bad and they will send me new ones in 5-7 business days. Anybody have a similar problem or idea what I could try? Any free DVD writers out there I could try? My system specs are Pentium 4, 2.4 Gig processor, 512 MB DDR memory. 80 Gig HD, Geforce4 MX440 64MB Netvidia card. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
    Mitch

2. |AF|Titan

|AF|Titan Private E-2

3. mmurek

mmurek Private E-2

I am trying to make DVD's out of movies that are on my hard drive, not copy purchased DVD's, mpeg and avi files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds