New Gaming Cases from Lian-Li!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dlb, May 4, 2010.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Neat case, no doubt they are a fair few $$$$, but then quality cases and aluminium does cost a bit more but I'm a fan of Coolermaster or Lian-Li Alu cases, in these they have tended to go a tad over the top on coloured fans, think I would be changing them to Noctua ones.

I do like the idea of the mounting bracket for the bottom mounted PSU, neat idea to hold it in place, not seeing where you could install 7 3.5" HDDs tho as the mounting case for the HDDs in the image only holds 4 when you look at the mount holes (just noticed that in an article it mentions their are two bays), maybe get a couple in the top area by the 5.25" bays.

$439 for Silver Black and $499 for the blood red!

Get a feeling that that case would go well for water cooling.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Meh, way too much money IMHO for what you get. The only thing that I really like is the filtered front intakes. It beats my kludged intake fans with home air cleaner filters in there. Anyways, I like my CoolerMaster 690 and with the extra $400 I could get an i7 960.:drool

I hope I didn't rain too hard on your parades!;) :-D

4. DavidGP

Me too Augie on the CM690 (as you may know my main PC is in that case at present the i7 CPU'd one) and have to agree CM did drop the ball on the fan filters, not easy to get too or replace.

5. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

:eek:eek:eek!!!!

Way too expensive! I don't think they are even particularly good cases, yes they look good on the inside, but i think they are ugly on the outside. I have to admit they have good features and are big enough for a nuclear power supply and a fair few TB's in the HDD slots, but just not for me.

6. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I wouldn't mind one but I would never pay that for it, it would have to come with liquid cooling for me to pay that :-D

The Antec's 900's etc are pretty much the same for much less money.

7. DavidGP

Yeah when you go for aluminium as I mentioned in my first post you do pay a premium for a case over steel and plastic, they are a bit of art over other cases due to the metal I feel but only in silver, have a older Coolermaster Centurian aluminium case which hs my previous desktop hardware in it at present and it looks good as its in silver, dunno on black as you may as well get a steel case, and red well get sunglasses.

I guess cases are a personal thing some like plain and stylish and some like cases with multiple colors like Blackpool illuminations, with fins and wings and sparkly bits on.

Dont think I would go over £200 for a case, may do as Ned pointed out if it came with water cooling built in like the Zalman LQ1000 then it would be a potential choice, but even the Zalman and its retro dials on the front makes it look cooler.

If Lian Li added as part of the price water cooling kit then who knows.......

8. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Not always, but i know what you mean.

(My current case, which is aluminium, cost £35!)

9. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I would recommend and Antec 300. It is the little cousin of the 900 but it is plenty big enough inside with 6 drive bay slots and, this is a killer, a filtered front intake with 2 tool less removable 120MM front fan bays, a 120MM side fan bay, a 120MM back fan and a 140MM top fan. It will hold a 8800GT comfortably and I love mine!:drool

10. augiedoggie

I'm not sure if you meant to quote my post, nevertheless I would agree with you with a relatively short card like the 8800 the Antec 300 is fine. I can't find the model # on this Antec, which I liked because of the screwless mounting of opticals etc and a removable 4 HDD cage! However, as you can see my long GTX260 is somewhat hampered if I had the cage in there and I didn't feel like taking a jig-saw to the cage.

http://img4.imageshack.us/i/mlna0031.jpg/

11. DavidGP

What one you have?

12. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Good point. Yes I did mean to quote your pose as I was referring you to the filtered frint inlets although I did not make that obvious. Sorry!:)

13. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I like the LianLi X900 (linked to in my first post), but I do agree with all the above posts: even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy the case. I'd keep my current case (NZXT Beta Evo, got free shipping, $10 bundle discount when purchased with a hard drive that my friend needed, $10 promo discount, $10 mail-in-rebate, total price was only $29.99!) and spend the money on a 2nd video card for SLI and new PSU to power the SLI GPUs.
    ;)

@ augie - I took a very close look at the pic you linked to at ImageShack.... correct me if I'm wrong, but the CPU heatsink looks like it is caked full of built-up dust and crud. You might want to remove it and blast that crap outta there with an air compressor or something!

14. augiedoggie

Ya, I'm :-o at that, bad eyes.;) Plus I'm a heavy smoker so 'crud' is right!:cry 5 year old fan. I'll be stripping this one next month for the GTX260 and the PSU to use for my i7 and keep it for a back-up. Jeez that looks fugly!:-D Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds