New here and missing alot of drivers thanks

Discussion in 'Software' started by heath692, Nov 21, 2008.

1. heath692

heath692 Private E-2

Hi all and glad i found this place. i have a dell latitude d610 lap top. and had to do a install and now im missing, drivers. im missing ethernet controller, network controller, pci simple comm controller, and usb controller, i called dell they sent me a restore disc but no good it didnt have any drivers to help me on it. all it says for the mother board is dell latitude 610,, were can i download these drivers? any help would be great and thanks ahead of time.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

you try dell's support site? you should be able to put in your service tag and it will give you the exact drivers for your computer....or if you dont have the service tag you can choose by model...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen

just checked the site and i was able to select by model...notebook/latitude/d610/ took me to a page of all the downloads for xp..

3. heath692

heath692 Private E-2

yes ive been there but not sure which ones to download they give a big list. or should i download all of them ? which ones should i look for?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    Here's the main drivers you're going to need:
    Audio Driver for WinXP
    Chipset Driver for WinXP (install first)
    Cardbus Driver for WinXP
    Modem Driver for WinXP
    Network Driver for WinXP
    When installing any driver, always restart the PC when prompted.
    For the video driver and the wifi driver, there appears to be several configurations, so you'll need to provide an Everest report so we can guide you to the correct drivers:
    (above instructions originally posted by MG member musksnipe... thanks muskie!)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds