New Hp Desktop with wireless, poor signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcejsul, Feb 10, 2008.

1. mcejsul

mcejsul Private E-2

Hello,
    I have a Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless router 802.11b/g. I have a Dell inspiron 600M.
    I just bought an HP computer (Windows Vista) and had Bestbuy install a Linksys a Wireless-G PCI adapter (Rangemark 1X, speedmark 1X) so I may connect to my wireless router. However, when connected to network, basically 1 -2 bars of signal. However, If I put my Dell Inspiron laptop right next to the new HP, I get 4-5 bars of signal. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    MCEJSUl

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. mcejsul

mcejsul Private E-2

Cat,
    Thanks for the reply, I bet that would work. Being that I have already paid for the card and it is installed, is it possible to just buy and extension to the antenna shown in the picture.
    Thanks
    MCEJSUL

4. rawdawg86

rawdawg86 Private E-2

I think you can I am not 100% but I am pretty sure.

5. Lollyde

Lollyde Private E-2

This is a simple idea but who knows..
    Is the antenna that goes into the new computer screwed in tight?
    Also, have you tried positioning the antenna differently, like straight up or to the left or right?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds