New laptop disrupts wifi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bolivartech, Mar 4, 2010.

1. bolivartech

bolivartech Private E-2

I have a d-link wireless router that has been setup for over a year working just fine with a couple laptops and a wii but I just purchased a new lenovo laptop and it's doing the craziest thing. Not only does the laptop not connect, it forces other wireless clients to disconnect as well. They all begin to cycle through contently trying to reconnect to the access point but are unable. As soon as I turn the wireless off on the lenovo everything is fine. I haven't had a chance to check how the new laptop works anywhere else yet but what could cause something like this?:confused
    The old laptops are running both windows 7 and xp pro sp3, the new one has windows 7. If any more details would help let me know and I'll post them. Thanks!

2. bolivartech

bolivartech Private E-2

I was able to try it out at school and it works just fine so I am inclined to believe it is my d-link access point causing the issue. I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth it to call my isp and swap my modem for a modem/switch/ap. Anyone else use an all in one from there isp? Does it seem to be less of a headache?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds