New Laptop wont speak to old PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joe berg, Jul 5, 2010.

1. joe berg

joe berg Private E-2

It Had to be done. Ive gone out and rented a new Samsung R530 which is pretty good ( dissappointed no bluetooth though ) So thinking it would be easy to set it up through the router I used the Wireless set Up Wizard which told me to insert flash drive and then insert it into the laptop whhich I did and it said It was now part of the XXXXXXXX Network. So try to connect on the voyager 2091-0A which being next to it, has a strong signal and enter a 10 digit Wep number and it keeps telling me it is unable to connect, or "Possible Network Security Key Mismatch " As far as I know the WEP key is the security key and I've checked at least 5 times I have got it right. So unless I am wrong about that I am missing something.

By the way I was 50 a couple of weeks ago so it could well be senility !

Joe

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Can't help with your problem, BUT, what is this talk of senility at 50?
    Myself and many others here are past that mark. Myself? I turned 58 last Jan.

3. joe berg

joe berg Private E-2

Then maybe its all the Tea we drink over here. Too much Aluminium :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds