New Major Virus Found, shuts down computer before it gets to windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by belthagor, Jul 16, 2013.

1. belthagor

belthagor Private E-2

Hello everyone, as of recently I have a horrible problem. I have a virus, or maybe it is malware, it brings me to a blue screen saying there is a windows error, even while I tried to format my hard drive, after fully formatting it and putting on windows again I have the same error, then I tried putting a different windows, and it went to the blue screen during the middle of the installation in dos.

The worst part is, after I shut down my computer by holding the button (becaus alt control delete doesn't work during the blue screen) it shuts down my computer out of nowhere before I get to windows, several tries, turning it on, somewhere in dos, turns off.

Actually the real worst part is, I am only in windows for a limited time, so no matter what antivirus I use, I cannot really scan for it, which is why I need a removal tool of some sort.

Do any of you have an idea of what is happening? Or if this is a new virus or not...?

P.S. I apologize if I am not allowed to post this but I am desperate.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you did a complete reformat and clean install, you need to post in the software forum for further assistance.

3. belthagor

belthagor Private E-2

if a moderator can move this that would be great.

I would also like to say, I thought something is wrong with my power supply, so I took out the hard drive and turned on computer without a hard drive installed. It worked and did not shut off, so I am certain it is a virus.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Virus's will not survive a complete reformat, repartition and clean install. I will move this thread to the software forum.

5. belthagor

belthagor Private E-2

the only thing I did not do is a repartition, because I am not sure if I am supposed to format in between, after deleting the partition, and make a new one after, or delete, then make, then format or how it goes. I did try to format using a windows cd though. So how do I repartition?

6. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

There are several applications that can be used to accomplish your task. AOMEI Partition Assistant, Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition and EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition are but 3 of them. There are Linux based partitioning utilities as well.

You would first delete/wipe the existing partition(s), then create new partition(s) in whichever format you are going to use (NTFS or Fat32). You can label the partition(s) during the process as well.

All three of the titles I linked to allow you to create a bootable CD which you may want to do as this enables you to do the job BEFORE installing Windows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds