New MOBO and XP problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by IMSA, Aug 5, 2008.

1. IMSA

IMSA Private First Class

I just replaced a bad ABIT IC7 G MOBO with an ABIT IP35 Pro and Intel Quad Q 6600 chip this afternoon & evening. I kept the 2 WD HD's, audio card, and dvd players. I had planed to reinstall RAID 1 (mirrored) but was told RAID 1 could only be installed with a fresh XP installation. I have too much important data on my HD to format and install new so I've tried to go the XP repair route (IC7 G died all of a sudden so I wasn't able to put my data on DVD's before the MOBO upgrade).

Any way I have run the XP repair process and Windows tries to run but then reboots. The black screen with Windows XP shows and then I get a blue error screen for a split second before my computer reboots. Any ideas? Is this a common occurrence with MOBO upgrades?

I recently had to do the exact replacement on my other computer and it seemed to work OK but I still am having some problems. Fortunately I have access to all my data.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds