New OC gateway 530XT Resets Constantly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mdbassman, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mdbassman

mdbassman Private E-2

I have had a new Gateway 530XT since April 2007. I have had nothing but troubles with it. It is running WinXP Media Center 2005.
    Problem:
    While closing a program, opening a program, changing to a new URL computer will auto reset. If I am working in a program and do a "save", print...whatever it resets...
    Gateway cannot figure out problem at all and I have had more downtime and lost file structures from them continually changing this and that that I am ready to use it as a boat anchor.
    Anyone have any suggestions as to cause or how to find out what cause is?
    It is quad core over clocked.
    Dan

2. mdbassman

mdbassman Private E-2

What no responses...??? No ideas...yeah it is a pretty vague question...
    Thanks!:cry

3. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

can you give a more details of the problem and some specs as well some temps

4. mdbassman

mdbassman Private E-2

Not much more than computer "resets" whenever it feels like it! Usually while right in the middle of doing something.
    As far as temps, has the HD power supply with dual hv fans and I have a external fan cooling also.

5. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

well as you describe how it resets the system is shutting off because of high temps verify your temps with a program like speedfan or everest i dont know what proc you have or motherboard but to mee its souns like your computer has is thermal protection activated :major

6. mdbassman

mdbassman Private E-2

I doubt that because as I stated I have hd dual fan assy as well as aux fan and why would it reset right back to the same temp"? Should shut down until temp lowers.
    Thanks for the hint.
    Dan

7. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Well it dont matter how many fans you have if the heatsink is not pulling the heat from the cpu, I would pull the heatsink off, reapply thermal grease. I would also go into setup and see what temp the shut off is set on, raise the auto shut down temp up one notch and see if that stops the problem. ed

8. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

he is right try to re seat you'r hf with new thermal grease, btw ypur using stock cooling on you'r proc

9. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Let us know how this worked out, would like to know what you found. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds