new OC setup (kinda)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChrisC, Apr 14, 2004.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC Private First Class

Hey all, havent been around for awhile (pre exam break, fun, then, lots of studying :s)
    But Ill be probly be around more again, and with a new setup. Sold my A7N8X Deluxe, and am getting an Abit NF7-S, XP2500M, and a new keyboard (the old one was $8, finally decided to get one with media controls, just standard MS fare but still decent for me :p

So, going for about 2.7-2.8ghz with up to ~2v, gonna try for ~1.9 if there is isnt much improvement, though. Hopen to get the friday, then test it saturday (after a chem and physics exam, 16 hours apart, should be fun).

And the new board wont have a half-burned AGP port, lol :rolleyes:

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

wrong board :rolleyes:

3. acejones

acejones A Different Title

huh? why is it the wrong board?

sounds great chris! good luck!

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

sweet, NF7-S is a great ocer as well as that chip, good luck :D

5. Mistic

Mistic Private E-2

Does that board not have a pci/agp lock? If ya can't get it that high just go to the store and get you aa bag of ice and just sit it on top of the proc. :cool:

6. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

it's an nForce2 chipset, so it does in fact have agp/pci lock

7. radiot

radiot Private First Class

Good luck on you exams.

K

8. ChrisC

ChrisC Private First Class

Thanks for the exam comment....that double whammy was pretty rough.

Got the new parts now though, had some problem with the BIOS, had to re-flash it on another NF7-S (luckily my roommate has one). With the different CPU position, there is now 1 nasty and 1 iffy kink in the watercooling loop now, which I have to straighten out (or get a bigger case, lol).

Right now, at 1.92v, and a CPU temp of around 53 (room temp = ~30, no case fan and loop kinked, so not too hot really), and its running 2.58ghz (12.5*206). Which is better then the old setup could do at this high room temp (it ran at 1.89v)

I also need to do the pin mod to a 200mhz FSB, which should net a bit of an OC increase (from past and other ppl's experiences). And put a bigger northbridge heatsink on (the abit one is about 2 mm thick of aluminum, then the fan. Kinda small, IMO)
    Just going to try pushing it a bit more, but, for now, all is working great :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds