New PC and Linksys Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 9cats, Jun 15, 2009.

1. 9cats

9cats Private E-2

Hi,
    I currently have an old (7 or 8 yrs old) XP desktop wired to a Linksys and I have a secure password protected network setup between a Vista laptop and the desktop, so that I can use my wired printers and share documents.

I bought a new desktop (Vista) to replace the old one, and I'm not sure if I can just plug it in to the Linksys and type in my network password and it will work or I need to do something more.

I would appreciate any help on the steps I should take. I don't want to get locked out of the Linksys if that is a possibility.

Thanks.

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

yep, all you should have to do is plug it in and go.

3. Shasolace

Shasolace Private E-2

I'm having problems signing on the internet with my xp and wireless xp laptop. My OS runs fine until I use the wireless function key and the computer reboots, I get a blue screen and I have to load in safemode when the wireless is on???

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Shasolace, welcome to major geeks!

Please start a new topic with your question so we dont get two discussions going on in the same thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds