New Radeon HD4670 but driver ati2dvag makes me crash on booting/startup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaruler, Nov 3, 2009.

1. jaruler

jaruler Private First Class

Just bought a 4670 agp card for my xp non vista after my radeon 9800 pro was given lines all down the screen.

instealled the new card and it was detected but could not not from the dvd i had as for some reason my dvd and cd player do not always work as they should. so i went to get th esoftware from the main amd site and was faced with having to download a hotfix 9-10_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_cc as it says it could not detect my card which i thought was strange. i downloaded and installed and then rebooted, before it got to windows my monitor died and a blue screen then comes up with the following

ati2dvag

the device driver got stuck in an infinate loop, this usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the driver programming the hardware incorrectly
    stop (0x86f87b28, 0x86fd25a8, 0xf78bacbc, 0x00000001)

then safe mode i uninstalled and then downloaded just the display driver and same thing happend. I looked at search for the file name and found it in several places and going back a few years so moved all to the delete bin in case one was interferring with the main one and at this point rebooted. this time card was not even in the device manager! but my dvd rom was working this time and i used the setup from the dvd and rebooted same thing happend again!

now i dont know how to get the dam card to work and i am getting rather annoyed! and tried several things now and i have now had to do a system restore to yesterday before i installed the software. without software installed i cant see the card in device managera nd can not manually add it. the only time i can see it is when i install software, crash, reboot in safe mode and has a driver from 27th september 2009.

but as soon as i reboot it will crash.

its this one file for some reason that is going wrong each time and i now please need help. also where do i go to ask for professional help from the makers of the card? as i am hoping they might have a idea on what i should do.

Thanks and please guys dont say need to go pci e and change my motherboard which is MSI 865pe/g in case it is needed? I have a p4 3.2 with 4 gig ram (3.25 actually showup) running directx 9.0c

Craig

2. jaruler

jaruler Private First Class

no one able to help?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds