New Revo Uninstaller Free Supports 64-bit Programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by mjnc, Aug 6, 2016.

1. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Eezak and AtlBo like this.
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

About time!
    Not only does Revo Uninstaller Freeware now support Windows 64-bit, it has been updated to version 2.0 after being 'stuck' at version 1.95 since july 2013.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
    Eezak likes this.
  4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I agree. I much preferred Revo to IOBit. Will now install Revo and remove IOBit.

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

;)

That's the main reason that I used to recommend GeeksUninstaller, one application for both 32 & 64 bit OS.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  6. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Eldon likes this.
  7. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

I have been using Comodo Programs Manager for the last 5 years I guess, but this is a great break for Revo users. I will be taking a look for sure. Thanks for the information mjnc.

Anyone have any advice about what to look out for with Revo? I have read about problems that can occur as a result of using the program, but not very many considering how popular it is...

8. Eldon

Does this also support Windows 64-bit?

9. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I d'l 'd the portable and let it set up it's program list. Shows 32 or 64 bit in the 3rd or 4th column. And can be sorted by clicking on the size header. I have about 20 64 bit installs. Didn't try to delete any because I want them. That's why they're still here.

10. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

It doesn't show in it's own list because - it's portable. So will any other portable not show also. One thing I noticed is it does remember my list choice in that it stays separated by 32 or 64 bit as I selected. Probably works for any column ie. date or size

Eldon and dr.moriarty like this.
  11. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Portable programs never show on any uninstaller because they are not installed. To remove any portable program, you find the folder with all the files and delete or erase that folder.

12. Chim

Chim Private First Class

In case some of y'all may not have noticed, the new Revo 2.0 has 8 Tools vs. the 3 Tools of the old version. And when they say in the changelog that they "improved all 8 additional tools," they're not just blowing smoke. I'm witness to that at the very least, the new Autorun Manager is definitely better than the old one.

On this Dell OptiPlex 780 that I was given recently, the old Autorun Manager only displays 8 processes while the new Autorun Manager displays 18. And these additional findings were VERY helpful. This computer had originally been annoying me with its slowish / longish bootup due to these several seconds of a "Running Startup Scripts" message. I had checked the Startup section with various Apps, but none showed anymore processes that I could possibly disable to neutralize that message.

Now, I had a strong suspicion that this LANDesk Management program in there was the culprit. But, mysteriously, there was just no way of uninstalling it from the Add / Remove area, the Startup Menu, Revo Uninstall area, CCleaner Uninstall area, Etc. It just existed with nothing to click on anywhere so as to get rid of it. Well, to my delight, the new Revo 2.0's improved Autorun Manager displayed 5 LANDesk Management processes running. I disabled them and BAMM! That immediately shaved off several seconds from that "Running Startup Scripts" message during bootup.

So Kudos to the new Revo 2.0. :)

Eldon likes this.
  13. Chim

Chim Private First Class

Hmmm ... can someone confirm whether your old Revo Uninstaller version has 8 or 3 Tools? My old 1.95 Rev 2 version from PortableApps.com definitely has only 3 Tools, yet when I was searching for what the heck Hunter Mode was, I found this 2010 article http://www.guidingtech.com/457/revo-uninstaller/ where they mention all the 8 Tools. And both my new Revo 2 and Revo 2 Portable (Not from PortableApps.com) have all 8 Tools. Is it because we're now getting a Pro version for Free as the installer version that I got from Major Geeks is officially called Revo Uninstaller 3.1.6 Pro 2.0 Free?

14. Eldon

No.
    Only the second link will download the Pro version which is a fully functional 30-day trial.
    The old version 1.95 does have 8 tools. You have to click the bottom item in the left pane to see the rest. ;)

Chim likes this.
  15. Chim

Chim Private First Class

I had to go back and check. Uhhh, I'm pretty sure I didn't click on that Author's Site (Pro) link. I'm quite certain that I clicked on one of the 2 Major Geeks links. In hindsight, it's now clicking that they didn't mean the official name for all 4 of those links was the aforementioned "Revo Uninstaller 3.1.6 Pro 2.0 Free" but rather that you could get either version there at that page. Duh! :D

Okay, I did just now try your tip and managed to bring up the rest of the Tools on my 1.95 version. Cool. I'm on the right page now. Hopefully they don't take another 3 years before updating it. I was beginning to have my doubts about it there at the end. I kept wondering, "Now how can they claim on certain downloading sites that Revo 1.95 is Windows 10 compatible when it hasn't even been updated since before even Windows 8 came out?"

16. Eldon

I use Revo Uninstaller Pro, and it also doesn't show all the Tools.
    Revo_Pro.jpg

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds