New router with firmware date of 1969?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WobblesRArt, Oct 23, 2009.

1. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

Have a WRT310N Linksys wireless -N Gigabit Router. Trying to add my daughter’s game. Couldn’t use my password, so backtracked and fixed with starting over. Used disk that came with router. Thought I did everything right.

Did a “Device Detail Report”: all the items normally found. Found this “Firmware Version: 1.00.4 and Firmware Date: 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM”.

Some of the people on MG’s know my age. I was in high school back in 1969, and the office staff may have had electric typewriters. Student’s learned on manual typewriters. We didn’t have computers back then. How can a company have a firmware date of 1969?

Not worried about adding the game, did it before, push one button on router game is added.

Tried to update, said had it. Anybody else having this problem?

wobbles

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

It's just a typo, A funny one though, i was 3 years old in 1969!!:-D

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I was teaching high school in 1969 so I'm older than you. :-D
    I was using a mimeograph machine and a spirit master machine for tests. Remember the purple ink and the smell of the fresh copies from the spirit master?

Windows doesn't always tell the truth. That's why poster here will tell you to download something like Everest or Belarc to actually see what is on the computer.
    From the linksys page, if you have version 1 of that model (the version is on the sticker on the bottom), there is a firmware update from Jan. of this year : http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRT310N/download

Note: updating the firmware can "brick" your router. I have an older model (WRT54G) and I upgraded the firmware once. It's still working. There is another update which I haven't attempted yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds