New Software Installation goes Wrong!

Discussion in 'Software' started by jde0503, Jan 14, 2010.

1. jde0503

jde0503 Private E-2

I have a Dell Latitude D810 with Windows XP Pro SP3. A while ago I got a 60 day trial for Microsoft Office Professional 2007 from microsoft.com and it has expired. As a Christmas gift my family got me the Academic version of Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 with Accounting (for my parents).
    I uninstalled the trial version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007 and installed the first disk of Microsoft Office Ultimate which installs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Groove, Publisher, Access, and InfoPath.
    After I installed the first disk everything was running fine, but when I tried to install the second disk I recieved a message saying that the setup failed and it told me it had something to do with SQL Server. What is this? What does it do?
    I thought that maybe I had to reboot my computer before I could do anything because I had installed the first disk. After rebooting, my computer said: "SQLDUMPER failed initialization your installation is either corrupt or it has been tampered with. Please contact the package vendor or uninstall then reinstall."
    I can't uninstall Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 and so under the impression that I screwed the installation up somewhere I tried to use System Restore to go back before I uninstalled the trial version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007.
    The restore was successful and I no longer recieved the message reading: "SQLDUMPER failed initialization your installation is either corrupt or it has been tampered with. Please contact the package vendor or uninstall then reinstall" after reboot. I tried to see if Microsoft Office Professional Trial was still installed, but when I tried to open any of the programs they wouldn't work.
    I undid my restore to go back to the point after installation of Microsoft Office Ultimate and I still recieve the message about SQL apon reboot. Can someone help me fix everything?
    If I have to reinstall Ultimate will it use up another of the three times you can install it on a computer?

2. jde0503

jde0503 Private E-2

Sorry for any confusion, but I did NOT undo the restore I made; my bad.
    Can someone still help with my computer? If I have to install Ultimate again will it use up another of the three "computers" I am allowed to install it on allowed in the licence?:(

3. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Did the 2007 installation call for the second disk?

Try the 2007 install again. You can deinstall and reinstall as many times as you want on the same machine. The activation count only goes up when you install on another machine.

4. jde0503

jde0503 Private E-2

No, the when I installed the first disk of Microsoft Office Ultimate it didn't call for the second disk, but to install Microsoft Accounting I had to start the second disk's setup. Will uninstalling and reinstalling take up any room on my hard drive? If I use Windows Install Cleanup will it make it so I have to use another "computer" of the three I am allowed to install Ultimate on because it deletes windows installer regestry settings?

5. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

No, additional room will not be taken up on your hard drive.

No, Windows Install Cleanup will not cause you to use another ACTIVATE out of the 3 you purchased.

6. jde0503

jde0503 Private E-2

I tried to uninstall Microsoft Office Pro 2007 trial so I could try to reinstall Ultimate, but was unsuccessful. When I clicked on Remove next to Microsoft Office Professional 2007 trial it looked like a new window was opening, but it closed really fast! How can I COMPLETELY uninstall the tial if I can't use Add and Remove Programs to do so?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does Add and Remove Programs not letting me uninstall the trial have anything to do with what happens when I try to open a Microsoft Office program? When I try to open a Microsoft Office Program Windows Installer pops up and when I click cancel to stop the "install" I recieve a message that reads: "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

NOTE: the trial used to work perfectly this has only happened since the failed install of Ultimate and the restore that went back before I originally uninstalled the trial.

7. jde0503

jde0503 Private E-2

I have managed to uninstall the trial version of Microsoft Office Pro 2007 and I have reinstalled the first disk of Ultimate. The secod disk installs SQL Server Express 2005 before installing Microsoft Accountig 2007. When installing the SQL, the setup fails. What can I do to allow SQL to be installed so I can install Accounting?

Now whenever I turn on my laptop I recieve a message that reads :"SQLDUMPER failed initialization your installation is either corrupt or it has been tampered with. Please contact the package vendor or uninstall then reinstall." How can I rectify this as well?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds