New to the boards and a question!

Discussion in 'Software' started by .hack, Mar 5, 2003.

1. .hack

.hack Private E-2

Hey all,

I just recently found this site and I'm amazed at all the info about computers that I thought I knew, but I really didn't. I've been looking around the site for about an hour now and I'm liking everything I see. I do however, have a question for you guys. I just recently tried to run imesh (file-sharing program as I'm sure many of you know) and well, I go to click download or even one of the menus (file/edit etc) and the program freezes on me. I asked a friend and he said it could be spyware. But I downloaded ad-aware and installed in and I cleared everything that it said on there. So, I'm lost as to what I can do about this and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~.hack

2. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

try reinstalling the app. might help you out

3. .hack

.hack Private E-2

tried with no sucess =\

4. Johner

Johner Private First Class

Can you tell us what your system specs and operation system? It could be memory issue, or you have alot program or service running in background. If you tried type msconfig in run to uncheck list you dont want to run under startup tab. You can uncheck them all, but if you using older OS, dont uncheck Systray. If you are using Win XP, have you tried here
    www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
    to disable some services you dont want or need to be running. www.blkviper.com is very useful, check it out.

5. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Welcome to Majorgeeks

This is somewhat in the grey area since the question is about something which is very likely gonna be used for warez ;) (And such questions should be avoided unless you want Majorgeeks closed down by some anti-piracy-organisation)

But the iMesh client connects to the Fasttrak-network and so does the Spyware-Free KaZaa-Lite and Diet-KaZaa. I recommend you to use one of those two clients instead of iMesh.

http://www.k-lite.tk/
    http://www.dietk.com/

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

We dont mind file sharing programs, its a fine line, so until they shut them down....

Anyway, I use Kazaa lite http://www.k-lite.tk and suggest you try it to see if it works. In a lot of cases, the reasons for one program not working cant always be easily solved. Hope that works.

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

i did try imesh myself, and personally speaking i do prefer kazaa lite, it seems much more efficient to me. iMesh seems more bloated than kazaa sans-spyware. thats just my .02 on the matter. carry on.. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds