New toy ~ Samsung N110 Netbook

Discussion in 'Software' started by DavidGP, Nov 13, 2009.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Decided to treat myself to a netbook and this was the top of my list in the Samsung N110, so wandered around a PC store and decided what the hell, I deserve something new as I couldnt think of what to buy myself this year (always treat myself to something new each year, could be a car, new PC etc)

1st impressions are really good, comes with Windows 7 starter, but may try and get Home Premium on it, but just need it for internet and Office apps etc, saves lugging around my Acer laptop.

Full Specs

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Managed to get Home Premium on it by using the Anytime Upgrade option, took 10mins to update and now I can change the "wallpaper".... I know using Starter Edition is to try and reduce the power consumption of say Aero, but not allowing users to change the wallpaper was imho a bad choice.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds