new twist to a what-seems-to-be common problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by gr8flscott, Mar 6, 2010.

1. gr8flscott

gr8flscott Private E-2

I am using Windows XP and Firefox, and I believe I have IE 8 (if not, 7).

I had a trojan/spyware 2 days ago. Ran comprehensive Norton scan and SUPER Antispyware scan simultaneously. Found and fixed/quarantined all problems (I hope). After reboot, running in Safe Mode at first, and rebooting again, I began experienced what I see is a relatively common problem in the fact that the .exe files list "open with" options, iTunes and each option in the Control Panel present "application not found" message, and I can't run regedit.

Here's the twist: there are 3 user profiles on this laptop. The profile that I ran the scans in is the only profile that is effected. Each of the others run as if nothing happened (although the iTunes that comes up in the other profiles do not connect to the library that I use in mine).

Any suggestions/solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds